Changes!

Today while I was walking through the store, I noticed something pretty neat. My thighs weren't rubbing together when I was walking! I don't know why I never really noticed that before, but for some reason I did today. How interesting the little things we notice after losing weight. That's one of the things that really used to bother me when I was heavier. I would get rashes on my thighs. Not a pretty thing to talk about, but it's the truth. So, that's one thing I'm happy that is no longer a problem. Another thing I thought was interesting that I noticed the other day was that my cheeks have changed! Now you may be curious as to which cheeks I'm talking about. Well, both pairs have changed and it's really exciting. I really like that my butt doesn't stick out a mile when I'm in a standing position. I really hated that about my butt when I was at my heaviest weight. As for the other cheeks. Well, those have changed and I'm happy about that as well. Today while I was sitting at my computer, I usually have my head resting in my hand. I noticed that my cheeks are noticeably thinner then they used to be. It sounds dumb, and you might ask "Duh! Don't you see it when you look in the mirror?" Well, the truth is that changes over time are so subtle that if I didn't have my before picture to compare with how I look today, then I would probably not have noticed the changes as much. It's hard to explain.
Another interesting thing I noticed the other day was when my husband gave me a hug, his arms fit around me much better than they did when I was at my heaviest weight. After having lost 12 inches around my waist, I feel a lot more petite and prettier than the ginormous girl I used to be. I no longer have the chunks of back fat on my sides, so when my husband puts his hands around my sides, they just seem to fit better around my waist. I love that my body has changed so much along with my attitude as I lost the weight! It's exciting!
I was reading the April issue of People Magazine today. There was an article about Kathy Ireland. The article talked about how she had gained a lot of weight slowly over the years, and then about how she lost the weight. She said something that I really related to and I wanted to share it with you all. She said:

"I'm a work in progress. My goal is to be healthy. If I end up liking the way I look because I've made healthy choices, then that's icing on the cake - the kind of icing that I can really enjoy."

I Love that quote! I couldn't agree with her more!

Comments

Kristin Pizzi said…
wow, what a great update! You should be very proud of all your progress. WHat a great quote from Kathy Ireland, I have alwaysloved her :)
WWSuzi said…
You are doing great!! Way to go on all those changes :)
Unknown said…
I cant wait till my thighs dont rub together! lol CONGRATS on the NSV! :)

Popular Posts