I'm a riding fool!


Ok, maybe I'm not a fool, but I love to ride! I took the bike out this morning after I brought my kids to school and went riding for 2 hours while my husband watched my other 2 kids. My husband is so supportive of me during my weight loss journey and that's meant a lot to me.
My bike ride this morning was so nice! I used to go workout at around 11:00 or so. Now I am going out at around 7:30 or so. It's so much better so workout in the morning because it's a lot cooler outside. Usually there aren't that many vehicles out on the street either so it's just a lot better in the morning. And another thing. I am glad that school has started because now I can get back on a normal sleep schedule. Before we all would stay up until 2:00 AM, then sleep in until around 11:00. It was ridiculous. It got old sleeping the day away and waking up at noon. It's just a lot better. Plus I can get my workout done and not have to feel guilty about it later when I spend hours and hours at my computer! LOL
So, my bike outing was a lot of fun this morning. Although when I started to head back home, I had to walk up this hill that I live on. I still hate that dang hill! Every single time I have to start walking up it, I just sort of look at it with this dread. Half the time I want to call my husband to come and pick me up and bring me home. I've never actually called him though, I just suffer through it and keep walking. It really helps to have a hat on, let me tell ya! All I do is look down so I can't see how far I've still got to go, and I just keep walking until I get there. I never thought I'd like wearing hats. I always sort of thought I didn't look that good in them. Boy how I've changed. It's exciting the changes we go through when we gain a little bit of self confidence!
So, later today I might take out my daughter so we can do a mommy-daughter day just the two of us! It'll be a lot of fun! We'll probably take the bikes out and go riding, then go and have an ice cream together. I love doing stuff like that with my kids. #1 because it's just really nice to have some time alone with my kids, and #2 We get a good workout together! I love that I can keep up with my kids these days! I remember what it was like when I was at my heaviest weight. I dreaded having to run. I dreaded having to pick something up off the floor with my hands, so instead I would pinch the item in between my toes and pick it up that way. I know. How nasty to pick stuff up with my toes. I'm just being real with the world right now and that's the way it was. Just yesterday while I was cleaning my house, there were toys on the floor that I was trying to pick up. I realized that it was MUCH easier to bend over to pick items up off the floor and that I could still breathe! LOL It sounds dumb, but hey, it's the truth. Stuff like that helps me to remember what it was like to be obese, and I'm glad about that. I don't want to forget how hard it was to be obese, both mentally, and physically, and also how difficult it was at times to keep trying to be positive and to keep exercising and trying to eat right no matter how bad a day I had. I'm SO grateful for this weight loss journey I started on 1 year and 6 months ago. It has never been easy, but it's SO worth it!!!

Comments

DownsizingDoc said…
I love cycling too! What kind of bike do you have?

I've dropped about 12 lbs since I started my wt loss journey about 3 weeks ago and have already noted how much more energy I have and how much easier it is to get around.

You're before and after pics are amazing! You have such a beautiful smile - but in your before pics it was a bit "buried" :-) Now its really striking - and reaches your eyes.

Popular Posts