Comfort or cuteness?

This was me before I went to go for a walk with my kids this morning. Don't I look CUTE!!! LOL



KIDDING PEOPLE!!! I love being silly. Life goes by too fast to be serious all the time, don't you think?!
I have a question. When you all go and workout, do you choose workout clothes based on their comfort no matter how non-matching and ugly they might be? or do you choose your workout clothes based on their cuteness factor? Well, for me it has to be a mixture of both. I want clothes that I can feel comfortable in. I like clothes to fit me well enough so that when I'm running for instance, I don't have "the girls" bouncing all over the place and waving to the people and popping me in the face while I'm trying to run! LOL And I have to have my clothes look cute too! I know there's probably some practical person out there reading this blog post and saying to them self "Why does it matter what you look like when you go and workout? All you do is sweat anyways and look gross!" Well, I like to look good in my workout clothes for a few reasons.

#1 because I just like to look good. I take pride in myself and what I look like these days. I don't want to look like a slob!
#2 because when you feel good about the way you look, it makes you want to do better in whatever you're doing whether it's running, walking, lifting weights, or what ever.
#3 because I've seen some people out in public wearing goodness knows what and it just looks horrible! I don't want to look like a walking mess!
and #4 because it just makes me feel good when I like what I'm wearing!

I have a double stroller. It's a really nice one too. I put my two kids in it, wrapped them both up in a nice cozy blanky and off we went! We walked for 1 hour this morning. Okay, maybe they didn't walk, but I did and they enjoyed watching the scenery go by. It was a bit of a job to push that stroller for 1 hour. That thing is heavy. If you consider the weight of the stroller, the weight of the 2 kids, and the weight of whatever else I had in there like my purse (which has become like a mini-garbage bin that I need to clean out soon or the receipts and other stuff will take over and I won't be able to find my wallet ever again!). It was quite a bit to push around town this morning. It was pretty cold outside as well. It was probably about 54 degrees outside and a cool breeze. I didn't think I was sweating at all. Then I walked past a window and noticed that my face was quite shinny. I took off my gloves, wiped my face, and realized that I was working harder then what I thought. It was nice to know that a measly walk can be a great workout! You don't necessarily have to be running at the fastest speed or lifting a ton to be getting a workout!
So, that's how my morning went. It was nice to get a nice workout, to smell the roses, to hear the beautiful birds, see the crazy people, and be out there with my 2 younger kids! Life is awesome!

Comments

Miz said…
you are so right and IMO there's no such thing as a measly walk :)
it's all about mooooving every day
in ANY FASHION
and in a way we can maintain for the longlong haul.

glad you had a fantastic day.

MizFit
JC said…
So jealous of the stroller walking!!!! I have been wanting to do the same with Summer. I must say usually if I go to the gym, I want to look good because there are a lot of guys there checking out the girls. :) Some days I am in a hurry, but I always try to match. I say looking good is fine. It boosts your self esteem and what is wrong with that??
Anonymous said…
naturally cute people (like you) look cute no matter how mismatched their clothes, but i understand being uncomfortable if you look like "grapes of wrath" tooling down the street. lol
DownsizingDoc said…
My first impulse was to say "comfortable" for work out clothes.....that is essential. And if I'm working around my yard its old jeans and tshirts. But on further thought if I hit the gym or get the bike I do wear something with a bit o' style.

Dee
D -Dedicated
E -Exerciser
E -Eggs for breakfast

(when I eat hardboiled egg or omelet with mostly eggwhites in the AM I feel great most of the day!)

Popular Posts