Getting there....

It's hard to believe that it's almost the end of October! In two months 2009 will be coming to an end. I can hardly believe it! This year has been an awesome year, don't you think?! It seems like it was New Years a little while ago and we were all making our New Years Resolutions for the year 2009. How exciting it was to make a commitment to ourselves of the promises we made to get healthier, to get a better job, to be a better person, you name it and it's probably been someones New Years Resolution. I'm very happy that I kept my promise to myself of wanting to get healthy again. It hasn't been easy. "EASY" is such a dumb word to describe anything. What's easy to one person is a pain in the butt to someone else. Take tying your shoes for an example. I was trying to teach my 6 year old how to tie his shoes. I put the shoe on his foot, tied it, and then said to my little boy "See! It's that easy!" I then untied his shoe then told him to try it. He tried to tie the shoe lace but then quickly gave up because it was too hard. But after trying several times to try to get it right, he's getting the hang of it. All he needed was practice. That's the way I look at living a healthier life. At first it's really difficult, and at times we want to give up because we think that we'll never get it. That it's impossible to live healthier because exercise is too hard, we just don't have the time to exercise, or that eating healthier is just too expensive so why bother. Well I'm glad to say that it takes some practice and a little patience to get there, but it IS possible to get "there". It's possible to accomplish whatever goal you've set for yourself. It just takes some Time, a smigin of Perseverance, and a dash of Patience, and you've got a simple recipe to accomplish your goals! It's pretty neat the things that you can accomplish if you really set your mind to it. On March 12, 2008 I was an Obese woman with little self confidence. I loved life but it didn't show on my face. I looked rather depressed and sad. I love the gospel, yet I wasn't doing one thing that god commands us to do. He says that our bodies are our temple, yet I was treating my body like it was a garbage can. I wasn't honoring god very well in that respect, not at all. I'm so grateful that I opened my eyes and realized how unhealthy and how unhappy I was with my body and that I turned things around. It took a while, over a year and a half, to lose the weight I was able to lose. I'm so grateful I started taking better care of myself. As I've gone through this journey of mine, I've realized how unhappy I was before. I didn't believe in myself anymore. I sort of lost the "real me" somewhere. I'm not sure when it happened. I do know one thing though. I'm very happy to have the "real me" back again and that's a great feeling!





Comments

Popular Posts