The call!!!!!!

Today was a rather ordinary day. I brought my kids to school, then I took my two younger kids to the store for a while, then came home and we all ate some breakfast. Then I put on some cartoons for the two little ones while I tried to clean up the house a little bit. A number of hours passed, and I remembered I had to go to the store again for a few more things so I could make dinner for tonight. So I got my two little ones all strapped into their car seats, we got the stuff we needed at the store, then started on our way back home. I wasn't sure what time it was since it was getting close to the time when I have to pick up my other two kids from school. I pulled out my phone to see what time it was since I forgot to put on my watch when I left the house. I saw that someone had a voice mail. I dialed up my voice mail to listen to the message.

GUESS WHO CALLED?!?!
You all will never guess who called me today! A lady from Weight Watchers called me! And left a message on MY phone!!!

HOW NEAT IS THAT?!

She said that I have been approved to be featured as a success story for Weight Watchers online and in the Weight Watchers magazine!!!

HOW STINKING AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?! I can't even believe it! They called little ol' Andrea from Coos Bay and they want me to be featured in their magazine! WOW!!!

She said that they'll fly me to New York City next month. There will be a hair stylist and a makeup person there to glam me up. And a couple days later they'll fly me back home. I haven't called her back yet to talk to her. By the time I got her message, it was about 5:30 my time, so that would mean that it would be about 8:30 New York time. So I'm going to try to call her tomorrow. If she's not answering then I'll have to wait until Monday to talk to her.
There are some things I need answered first before I even step onto a plane to go there. I'm going to need to know what things they're going to pay for. Sure they say they're going to pay for my flight to get to New York City, but I need to know if they're going to pay for an taxi's I may have to take. Then there's the motel, are they going to pay for that? And food, are they going to pay for that as well? I need answers. I know I won't get paid for doing this, that was a known when I applied to be a success story with them, but the very least Weight Watchers can do is pay for everything that's involved with travel. After all, they're going to make money off of my story after I did all the work to lose the weight. The very least they can, or should do is pay for everything related to my travel. Don't you all agree? When I call this lady up either tomorrow or on Monday, I'm going to insist that they send me a Pre-Paid Visa. That way I will already have the money I need to travel. I don't want to just take their word that they'll cover me. That would be really stupid. I can see what would happen. I'll hop on a plane, get all the way to New York City, go have the pictures and video taken. Then what? They will have my likeness to do with what they want and then I'll just be stuck there. So, I think that telling them to send me a prepaid visa first before I even think about hopping onto a plane wouldn't be too much to ask. I think it would be responsible to ask the important questions before going all the way there. I'm WAY excited about this and I would love to do this! When in my life am I going to have an opportunity to be featured in a magazine? Probably never. So should I go for it?! I want to. I'm just apprehensive about things. After all I would be traveling to the other side of the country! I've got to make sure all the important questions are answered before I just gitty-up and go without a care in the world, only to be caught with the short end of the stick.

So, that's my BIG HUGE GINORMOUS WONDERFUL news that I have for today and I wanted to share it with all my blogging audience. Woo Hoo!!!!! If I do this thing, then look out for me on their website and in their magazine. How neat would that be?! It would be pretty dang neat if I do say so myself!!!!! We'll see what happens. When I do hear more I'll let you all know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. I would LOVE to share my story with the world. It's not about money for me (although money would be really nice). It's about wanting to get healthy so that we all can live life instead of just exist in it!

Comments

Angie Moses said…
great news, congrats on "the call"!!! Got to keep a "glass half full" attitude on this one...I don't think they are out to screw ya, I'm sure they will take care of all your travel and accomidation needs. Can't wait to see the story....you've done so awesome!
Eve said…
That's great news!!! I can't wait to see your feature!!! You deserve it for being so inspirational to others! :-)
Unknown said…
That sounds like a wonderful opportunity! Get your butt to NY girl adn pose away! :) Whoo hoo! CONGRATS!
Lyn said…
Wow! That is really BIG news! SO exciting, just wow :)

You totally deserve it!
Awesome! I am so excited for you!
Carlos said…
hells yeah!!!
JC said…
Wow! Sounds exciting. Congrats!

Popular Posts