Oh Boy!

So, Halloween has finally come. Over the past couple of days I've taken my kids to 4 different Halloween functions. We had fun eating candy, food, more candy, and then more food. Now that it's finally over, it's time to get serious about the exercise thing again. I've taken a little bit of a break over the past couple of days with the exercise, but starting either tomorrow or Monday I'm going get a good workout done to burn off some of the junk I've been eating. Why do we do that to ourselves? Work so hard to be healthy, and we work so hard to exercise, but then when the holidays roll around we think that it's okay to splurge and eat until we feel like our bellies are going to explode. Why? Is that stupid of what?! I think so. I've still got to work on the self-control part of things when I'm in social situations as far as food goes. I don't know why I do this but it seems like when I'm out at a social function, I eat ALOT of food. The word "portion control" means nothing, or at least it's temporarily out of my mind during those times. Then when it's all over with, I come to my senses about food. I DO NOT know why I do that. I guess it's always going to be a work in progress. I don't know how long it's going to take before I get the hang of eating only until I'm full, and not busting at the seems. Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating just a tiny bit. I've just got to be more mindful about the eating part. That's all. I guess I'm going an okay job though. I must be because I haven't lost or gained any weight since January 2009. That at least makes me feel a little better, but not much. Oh well. I think everything in this life is a work in progress. There's always room for improvement!

Tonight when I was out Trick-or-Treating with my kids, we were walking past a craft store. I saw this rack of yarn. They were huge rolls that weighted 1 pound each. I remember thinking to myself "Wow! I've lost 42 of these things!" It's pretty neat to think about how much weight I lost. At times I get a little discouraged about it. There are people that have lost so much more weight then I have and that causes me to think that I've "only" lost 42 pounds, but when I see every day objects and think about how much weight is in pounds that I've lost so far, it's pretty uplifting to think about it that way.

Off to bed I go. (((((YAWN))))) I'm tired. The kids and I have been so busy today and now I'm worn out. G'night all!

Comments

Popular Posts