Pondering...

I have thoughts that always comes into my mind as I go throughout my day, when I'm trying to get things done around the house, when I'm working out, and when I am just going about my life. I ponder things such as:
  1. Why is it acceptable to be obese? Do we all not expect more from ourselves to want to be healthy?
  2. Why is it that America as a whole has gotten progressively fatter as time goes by, yet we seem to have a trillion ways in which to lose this unwanted fat, but yet the majority of us are still obese?
  3. Why is it that we all have put ourselves on the back-burner and not taken care of ourselves like we know we should? God commands us to treat our bodies like temples not like garbage cans, yet we eat all the unhealthy stuff that is put in front of us!
  4. Why do we as Americans love to dress in fancy clothes, we love the fancy vehicles, and we do the best we can to take care of the ones that we love. We try to feed them healthy foods, we try to make sure all their needs are met, and yet we aren't thinking of ourselves when we do this. Are we not as important as our loved ones to need to be taken care of as well?
  5. Why do we think it's okay to go through a ritual of taking medications on a daily basis that take care of our cholesterol, that lower our blood pressure, and that keep our diabetes in check, yet we think it's a pain to eat healthy items because it's too expensive?
  6. Why do some people put so much emphasis on eating right, and exercising daily, yet those same people still go and smoke a pack a day because they "just can't quit"?
  7. Why are people amazed at others accomplishments, yet think that they can't do it because it's just too hard and it takes too much work so they just give up on themselves?
  8. Why do we self-sabotage after working out and then wonder why we're not losing the weight?
  9. Why is it that we believe in some one else, but we don't believe in ourselves?
  10. Why do we not dream big when wanting to achieve a goal, but we think it's okay to set a goal that is minimal so we won't have to work that hard to achieve it? We underestimate ourselves and our abilities. You never know what you're capable of doing until you TRY!

Those thoughts, among others, are things that I often wonder to myself. Interesting, if you take a look, how hypocritical we are. I am a hypocrite, I'm not leaving myself out. I do things that are self sabotaging to all my efforts. I go and workout in the morning for 2 hours or more, then come home and want a donut! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?! I've still got to work out some emotional eating patterns that are dwelling inside me. I think I know why I do that, why I crave sweets, and eat some things I know I shouldn't be eating. Maybe it's out of boredom? Maybe sometimes it's out of happiness of achieving a goal that I've worked so hard for? Maybe I'm frustrated and stressed? There are a thousand reasons I could come up with for why I do some stupid things I do. One thing I'm really proud of myself for though, and that's recognizing that I'm the one who's standing in the way of my own progress. I'm the one who is self doubting at times that I can achieve something, then when I achieve that goal, I wonder why I was so self-doubting? Why do we do that to ourselves? We can do anything we put our minds to. We just need to believe in ourselves and in our ability to achieve greatness! There's no cookie or pie or candy that tastes as good as pride and accomplishment feels! It's the best feeling in the world! When I reflect on my moments of self doubt and then remember what it's like to achieve something, I'm in awe in my ability that I really can do what it is that I set my mind to. I can either hold myself back from something or I can really give something my all and see what happens! And that's the best feeling in the world!

Comments

Anonymous said…
very philosophical post. much enjoyed the pondering and processing.

one idea that it generated in me, is the flexibility ive had to have in getting out of a stall. what helped me to drop fat initially stopped working after a few months. from what i read, many get a fixed idea what is the perfect program for them , since it helps them drop the first 20lbs, but when that takes them no further, they dont adapt and dig and find out what is needed to continue the progress.

for some people, shifting from one set of macros to another isnt acceptable, but this very thing has helped me break a months long stall and start shrinking again.

of course, many stay on one plan and get 'er done! im very inspired to see all your hard won progress!

Popular Posts