SORE much!

This morning I WAY overdid it! After I brought my kids to school, I got on my bike and rode around town for about 40 minutes or so. Took the bike home, then went for a little run. I ran to my gym. It's 1 mile from my house, I was able to run that in 15 minutes! I then worked out at the gym lifting weights for about 40 minutes. After doing that I went for another run. From the time that I left the gym to the time I got home was about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was proud of the workout that I got. I felt good, not too sore, and I still had some energy to spare. After an hour of being home, I went to lie down on my bed. THAT'S when I realized how tired I was! I remember looking at the alarm clock and saw that it was 2:47 pm. I remember the time so well because I was looking forward to watching Dr. Phil. (Yes, I'm a Dr. Phil fan and I'll admit that to the world! LOL) Next thing I remember, I woke up and saw the clock, it said 6:30pm! Holy Cow! I guess I WAY overdid it again! I tried to get out of bed, and realized how sore my whole body felt! After getting moving that sore-stiff feeling went away, sort of. I tried to get up and help my husband with the kids, but I don't know how helpful I was. I was walking around the house like a giant Sloth! Do you know how SLOWLY those things move? Well that's what I looked like today! I think I may take it easy tomorrow....we'll see.....Then again I said that same thing a couple weeks ago after getting a horrendous workout, and the very next day I went out and worked out again! SHEESH! Why can't I learn to take it easy? I think I know why I do that to myself. Months ago, maybe back in June or so, I remember that I was going to take 1 day off from exercising. That 1 day off turned into 2 days off. Then that 2 days off turned into 1 week off! I couldn't believe I had let myself get so lazy! So ever since that incident, I've really tried to workout every day, except for Sunday which is my day off. I really think there is another part to exercise that is addictive. I really think that I'm addicted to exercise. Weird huh?! I know. I never would have thought that those words would have come out of my mouth, but there ya have it! They have! Of any addiction to have, maybe being addicted to exercise is a good thing, right? I just enjoy getting a good workout whether it's running, walking, biking, or working out in the gym, although I'm realizing more and more each day that I'm not really too much of a fan of the gym. I much rather be outside where I can hear the birds, the people, the cars, and feel the wind on my face.

So anyways, I had to document my horrendous torturous crazy workout that I did today. Crazy that I did that to myself?! It's worth it though, and I had fun doing it. With all that being said, I'm now going to go and lie down in my nice comfy bed! It's calling me as I type! Night everyone!

Comments

DownsizingDoc said…
Balance and Moderation......easy to say but hard to do.
I struggle with that "all or nothing" mentality - with food and with excercise
JC said…
P90X has been kicking my butt too and making me want to nap! You are looking great. Glad you are still exercising. That's the key never stop moving.
DownsizingDoc said…
When you've recovered from your work out stop by my blog. I have an "Over the Top" blog award for you!

Popular Posts