Tired but Proud!

I've been working out like a mad woman so much this week. It all seems like a blur. I rode the bike yesterday for 1 1/2 hours, and today I rode for 2 hours. I think I found every hill in Coos Bay! Wow I got a workout! I think I rode about 13 miles on my bike from all the riding that I did today! I'm tired, and my legs might be hurting tomorrow, but I'm really proud of myself. I really try to push myself when I workout. Sometimes I go overboard with everything and then pay for it later when I'm exhausted. I get really into my workouts when I'm running, and especially when I'm out biking around town. I have too much fun, but I guess that's a good thing to have fun while exercising. I'm really glad that I don't dread exercising. If I did then it would make it harder to lose this weight, that's for sure. Plus I like what it's done for my body. It's really helped me to re-shape my body. In the beginning when I started the Weight Watchers program, I didn't want to exercise much at all. I think it might have been possible to lose weight from just eating healthier, but exercise has really done things that food just couldn't do, and that's tone the muscles of my body. When I was at my heaviest weight, I was probably the shape of an apple. I could have gotten smaller just through eating healthy foods, but then I would have just ended up being a smaller apple. Who wants that?! Not me! I want to reshape my body and to have some sort of muscle tone, so that's why I choose to workout. There's a lot of benefits to exercise. I love that it's helped to reshape my body. It makes me feel better both physically and emotionally, and it makes me happy because that's what I love doing these days! I don't have that mentality that I used to have about working out. You know, the "Let's get it over with so I can do something I love doing" kind of thing. I enjoy exercise! It's sort of a strange thing to say because it's not a common thing these days to love to exercise, but it's true. I do! I look forward to it every day, and when I don't have the opportunity to exercise, I feel like something is wrong, like I'm missing something. I don't ever want to go back to how I used to be. I was always depressed about my weight. I had low self esteem, and I wanted to blend into the back ground and not be noticed. Well, I've changed and I'm loving my life. I have a handsome husband who fully supports me in my new healthy life style, I've got beautiful children who love their new healthier mommy and who also support me, and I've got family and friends that have been just awesome with their support of my wanting to get healthier.
Who would want to go back to the old unhealthy ways? Not me! That's for sure!

Comments

Angie Moses said…
I just got a bike 2 weeks ago...the first bike I've owned since my 1st ten-speed at age 12. I too am loving biking. I hope to one day be able to ride around town like you mention - 13 miles is awesome. Your doing so well...thanks for sharing your journey!
Samantha said…
That is EXACTLY what I needed to read!!! You are def inspiring, especially with all those little munchkins running around, I'm sure your totally busy! I haven't ridden a bike since I was so young, what do you enjoy about it? Your doing great!
Thanks guys! I love biking, it's a lot of fun! There are many reasons why I love to ride my bike.
Reason #1: Riding a bike works other muscles that you can't work when you're running, namely the inner thighs which I am trying so hard to get into better shape.
Reason #2: I love feeling the wind on my face when I'm riding my bike. You just can't get that kind of natural high when you're in a gym!
Reason #3: You can go a lot faster than when you're running. I love that!
Reason #4: I love what biking has done for my legs. They are a lot stronger than they used to be, and I can run faster and farther than I could before because it's helped me build up the different muscles.

And last but not least...

Reason #5: Who doesn't like a girl on a bike?! :)

Popular Posts