Long time, No type...

It's been way too long since I've posted anything on here. Sorry guys. I've been a mixture of tired and busy since my last posting. I sometimes don't know what to post about, and when I do, I don't know how to put it into words. There has been something that I wanted to post about the other day but didn't know where to start. Okay, I have discovered that I have this thing that is alot like my old habit I had when I was at my heaviest weight. I used to eat food to make myself feel better when I was at my heaviest weight. I think we all can relate to that. Well, I have realized that I seem to want to spend time in the store either looking at things, or spending money on things to make myself feel better. Sounds familiar to some of you? I know I'm not the only one who does this people, come on, you know who you are. :)
Now I won't always buy something though. But I do seem to want to go to the store to just look at things and want to buy something if I'm bored, or happy or stressed or whatever. Why do I do that? I'm not sure why. The other day I was really getting down on myself about it and feeling like I was failing again. I'm a mom, and I already feel like I'm not doing a good enough job at whatever it is that I have to do as a mom. (I'm sure that there are people out there that feel like that too.)
I've gotten better at not eating my feeling away, but why do I do this thing now? UGH! As I say on my blog, I'm a work in progress. We all are, right? None of us are perfect. We all struggle with different things, it's different between all of us. So, that's something I am trying to work on daily.
Anyways, I have been working out every day except Sunday. The other day I went out on my bike. I must have rode about 10 miles that day. I can't be sure though because I don't have an odometer on my bike. I want to get one though so that I can measure how far I'm riding. That would be interesting to see how I'm doing there.
An update on my weight. You've all noticed that my weight loss ticker is at a stand-still, and has been that way for several months. I'm on yet another plateau! Yes, I said the dreaded P word! DANGET! It's SO aggrivating! I've been at this same weight since January. I have noticed something though that makes a difference in how I see the scale. The other day I was watching this video that was taken back in April 2009. I was 155 back then, but the thing that really struck me was how different my face looked back then to how it looks now. It was chunkier on the sides, and now it's narrowed down a bit. I am happy about that. The sides of my face have always bothered me alot. So even though the scale says I still weight the same weight, my body is changing in subtle ways. Also I can tell a big difference when I look at pictures that were taken back in April from the ones that I have taken lately. Even though the weight is the same as it was back then which was about 7 months ago, my body is changing. I deffinately feel stronger then I did back then. I'm able to workout harder and for longer then I could back then. So, even though I'm getting frustrated with the my weight, I know that I'm progressing in many other areas. The scale isn't the only way to measure success.

The other day I read something that made me think. Someone said "there's more to life than just reaching a goal." I have to say that yes, there is more to life than just reaching a goal, but having a goal is a good way to want to improve ones self. Where would we be as people if we didn't have goals?  There aren't just weightloss goals. There are many goals that one might want to achieve. Let me try to name a few:
  1. A goal to try to go to church more.
  2. A goal of wanting to be nice to people more.
  3. A goal of wanting to make more  money.
  4. A goal of wanting to lose weight.
  5. A goal of wanting to be "like the Jonses."
  6. A goal of wanting to be your unique self.
  7. There could be fittness goals.
  8. A goal of wanting to "fit in".
  9. A goal of wanting to pay your tithing to your church.
  10. A goal of acheiving a certain degree.
  11. A goal of being happy with accepting yourself as you really are.
  12. A goal of wanting to make everyone happy (even though that one is impossible!)
And on and on and on I could go. I'm sure there are people out there that let their goals take over their lives. I am not one of those people. I am drivin when it comes to me wanting to achieve the goals that I set for myself, but I think I have to be that way to a point. No one can lose the weight for me. No one can exercise for me. I have to do it myself if I want to progress. When I set a goal for myself, I do tend to get tunnel vision and really focus on that goal, but I think I've been careful to not let the whole weight loss/exercise thing take over my life and my family's life to let it have a negitive influence on my family. If anything, it's had quite a positive effect on my family since I've wanted to get heathier. Food is a good point. My kids are eating more vegetables, and just eating a more balanced meal every day. Sure, there are days that aren't perfect, but we all have those days. But for the most part, they are really benifiting from my healthier eating. Exercise is another one. My kids ask more questions about exercise since I started exercising. They ask me "Mommy, is running exercise?" and then they tell me about how far they ran in school! They want to workout with me when I do my workout dvd's too. They other day I was working out to one of my Power90 dvd's, and all my kids working out with me instead of just wanting to just sit there and watch me workout. So I would say that there are many positive side effects from having goals in one's life then to not have a goal. I think you all get the point I'm trying to make.
Here's something that sums up my point:

courage + goals = success!!!

Anyways, I did have a lot of fun at that photo shoot! I still can't believe that I got to do it! It was so much fun! All these months of taking progress pictures has paid off! LOL Love it! I can't wait to post about when the Weight Watchers issue comes out with my picture in it!!!

Whoa! I just realized that I guess I had a lot to say and didn't realize it! I just wrote a novel! LOL Blogging has really helped me to get my feelings out. I love it! Plus no one can interrupt me on here! Love that too! LOL
Have a good night all! Later!

Comments

Teresa said…
Andrea- Great post! Balance is very important-- as is identifying the "crutch" - the reason why we go out of balance. Throw that scale away and have your goals guide you.

Popular Posts