Interesting....

I felt really good today. It was one of those days where I felt pretty, and had a lot of confidence in how I looked and felt. It's such a difference from how I was nearly 2 years ago. It's sad when I think about how I used to  be, but then it makes me proud that I've come so far already. My perspective on how I view others, and also how I thought others viewed me has changed so much over the past 2 years. I am more positive about things. If I want something, then I put forth the effort to accomplish that goal. I try to see the positive in things instead of crying over what I haven't accomplished yet. Things have deffinately changed for the better and I'm so happy about that!

Take a look at that girl in the Before picture. What do you see? She's smiling, yes, but what else is missing? I see so much that's missing in this first picture. The girl in the first picture is smiling outwardly, but she looks so sad. So depressed about her weight. She smiles because she knows that she has to wear a happy face for her family so that they will know that every thing is fine. Yes, she got depressed a lot about her weight. She would complain a lot about her weight but then wouldn't do anything about it. Or maybe she wanted to do something about it, but didn't know how. She was just existing in life and not fully living it. That was the past.....

 Every single time I look at my Before picture, I'm amazed by how my face looked. I didn't know back then how obese I was. I guess it had sort of become "normal".  This picture was taken on March 12, 2008.

That was then...


And this is now...

This picture was taken on January 17, 2010. I like how I look these days, but I love how I feel these days so much more. I have the energy to keep up with my kids. I love that I can run and breathe at the same time! I love that I feel more  physically fit. I still have 23 more pounds to lose, and even though I'm about 10 more pounds than I was in High School, I think I look better now. I now have the confidence that I was lacking for so many years. I am acheiving the goals that I set for myself and that feels great! I will never go back to how I used to be!

Comments

You are really happy..good for you!! :) I love ya!
JC said…
I wish I was only 10 pounds more than highschool...more like 10 more than last year. I guess that's not too bad considering the year I had. Just hope I can get them off without starving myself!

Popular Posts