New Years Resolution?

I have decided that our favorite phrase to ring in the new year should be changed from "New Years Resolution" to "Life Resolution". We should want to be better for the rest of our lives instead of just for the New Year!
 I am still on that stinkin' plateau, but I'm still hangin' in there. I'm still exercising, I'm still trying to eat healthy, even though this holiday season was difficult. I over-ate several times, but worked it off that day so I broke even. I didn't gain weight from over-eating, but didn't lose weight either. I'm proud of myself for at least trying to keep at the exercise thing even though I didn't lose any weight. It's a bit frustrating. Okay, it's been ALOT frustrating! LOL I've been at the same weight ever since January 2009! Whoa! It's been a whole year and my weight is still the same! UGH! Even though my weight hasn't changed at all, I'm proud that I was able to maintain the weight. That's a big deal, and half the battle is keeping it off. Losing it is hard, but keeping it off is probably a little harder because that's where the test is, to see if you can still be as disciplined with eating right and exercise. I'm glad that I was able to do that and keep off the weight, but I would be happy if I could see the scale go down, just a little bit at least. Well, it's now 2010. I feel like I've been successful that I was able to get to where I'm at. Now I've got to kick it up a notch and get my body in gear so that I can lose this last 20 pounds. I've always heard that the last bit of weight is REALLY hard to lose, but DANG! I never thought it would be this difficult and that this plateau would last this long and that I wouldn't see a change in the scale! SHEESH!
Even though it's pretty irritating that plateaus happen, I will choose to look at it as a challenge. A challenge to see what I'm made of. Am I strong enough to want to keep going to see reaching my goal weight a reality? Am I strong enough to set more goals and acheive them? Am I worth all the work, all the sweat, and all the tears that it will take to reach my goal?

HECK YEAH I AM!!!

20 more pounds to go and I will get there!!! Watch and see!!!

Comments

Gaylene said…
Hi Andrea!!
I found something new that I thought I would share with you. Not sure if you have tried them or not. Jillian Michaels has a few DVD's out that are amazing workouts!! I got stuck in my weight loss and then started these and it jumped it right back in to GO!! The one I really love is the "30 day shred". I also just got "Burn fat Boost Metabolism" and it's awesome too. "No more trouble zones" I got yesterday but haven't tried it yet. You can get them at walmart for $10 a piece and they are well worth the money!! I lost 20 pounds in 3 months doing them and her diet!! She's awesome in my book!!

Popular Posts