Power90!

I've decided to really give this Power90 program a try this time around. I'm gonna do it every day, including Sundays, and try to eat better. I am curious to know whether this will help to get my weight moving again or not. It can't hurt. What the worst that can happen? I stay at the same weight but get stronger in the process and more defined muscles?! So, I am done with the day 3 workout. Tomorrow I'm going to be doing Phase 1-2 circuit, which is probably one of the cardio workouts. It's amazing how good these workouts are. They're only about 40 minutes long and I sweat up a storm so much faster than when I'm out running for 1 1/2 hours! Pretty interesting  huh! It's exciting to see my arms getting stroner. I can see more muscle definition in my upper arms. I still have a ways to go, but I can see and feel progress as I do these workouts. I remember that first day when I got out the Power90 dvd's. I was struggling, and had to stop a bunch of times becuase it was too hard. My muscles were burning, and I was out of breath, it was terrible. It's hard work to get results but I'm dedicated. If I fail then I can only blame one person for not trying hard ebough and that would be myself.
I've written down a workout/eating schedule that I'm going to try to follow every day. This is basically what my schedule looks like 7 days a week, Sunday thru Saturday:

7:20 - Bring kids to school
7:30 to 8:00 - Workout
8:30 - Shower, and eat Breakfast
11:30 - Snack
2:30 - Lunch
5:30 - Snack
8:30 - Dinner
***Nothing else to eat***

It's going to be hard to not eat anything past 8:30, but I'm gonna give it a good try. That's one area that I use to really have a hard time with.

I was reading in my Power90 booklet some great tips. I wanted to share them!

"6 Tips to transform your body"
  1. Control your portions. Don't eat until you're full; eat until you're not hungry. 
  2. Pay attention to everything that you eat. Fresh veggies, lean meats, and foods lower in fat and higher in fiber are the basis of our nutrition guide.
  3. Consistant 5X-a-day eating schedule.  IMPORTANT! Stick to the schedule so you do not get hungry and overeat, and so your body has enough fuel to rebuild after exercise.
  4. Hydrate and cleanse your body by drinking water. Your body is around 70% water. Drink at least 2 liters (8 glasses) per day.
  5. Fortify your diet with a multi-vitamin. An exceptional multi-vitamin ensures that you get all the nutrients you need when cutting calories.
  6. Refrain from eating at the wrong times. When you work out and especially when you sleep, you want your body to be in "fat-burning mode".
I thought those might help someone out there. I am still struggling with these, but it's a work in progress every day. I don't think I'll ever be perfect, but as long as I keep on trying then I think that's the best that I can do. It's better then giving up. I'm aiming higher, even though I'm not at my goal yet, I will get there one day.
I'm proud of myself for at least trying to do better each day, no matter what!

Comments

Martalu said…
Great goal! I think it's great, but I thought it was 6 days a week. Make sure you take a rest day if they recommend one. I think you will be rocking P90 in no time! You're kind of a rockstar...

Popular Posts