Jillian Michael!

She's a tough gal! I bought her book "Making the Cut" a few weeks ago and I'm doing the workouts now. It's hard stuff, but I'm going to keep trying to do the workouts. They're hard, but really effective. My whole body was sore the other day, but not in a way that I hurt myself. It was enough that I knew that I had worked my muscles.
I'm still at a stand-still with my weight loss though, but I have been noticing that my body is feeling stronger and I'm noticing more muscle definition. I'm not where I want to be. I'm still trying to lose the last 20 pounds. It's aggrivating that my weight hasn't budged at all, but I'm not going to stop where I'm at now because of some dang plateau. I'm still going to keeep exercising every day, with some breaks here and there to give my body a break. I still run every once in a while, but now that I'm doing Jillian Michael's workouts, I am doing more weight bearing exercises, along with running. She has me doing these circuits where I'm doing sumo squats and tricep extensions, lunges, and all sorts of difficult but fun exercises. Then after each circuit she has me running on the treadmill at a 7 mph setting for 1 minute. It's dang effective let me tell ya! On one of the workouts, I had to run on my treadmill at a level 10 incline at a 5.5 mph setting! SHEESH! I was pooped after that but proud of myself that I pushed myself during that workout and I didn't just sit in my house and make an excuse as to why I couldn't workout. Trust me, it's difficult to find the time to exercise. If you don't have any kids, it's hard enough, but add kids to it and it is even harder to find time to get it done. Just yesterday while I went to workout after being on the computer (I spent too much time sitting on my butt!), while working out, my baby was crying his little eyes out! I had the baby gate up in the doorway so he couldn't come in. He didn't like that at all, the poor little guy! I was getting frustrated, and could have given up and stopped exercising. I didn't though. I knew that he was okay, he was just cranky and wanted me. I decided to keep going and finish my workout. I'm glad that I took that time for me and that I didn't let anything get in the way. After my workout, I took down the baby gate, and let him in. I picked him up, and the first thing he said was "Phew!" LOL He's such a cute little kid!
I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are just as important as anything and anyone else. Making yourself and your workouts a priority every day is a good thing, and it's something that I no longer feel guilty about, instead I look forward to it!
Still tryin' to keep smilin' and be positive!

Comments

Diana said…
Wow! You look fantastic!! Great job.

I hear you about the last 20 pounds, except mine is now the last 25 pounds (it was 15 pounds). This is about 100 times harder to lose than the other 65.

I think exercise is key. Even if he scale isn't showing anything you're definitely building muscle and getting stronger. The weight will come off eventually....at least that's what they tell me. :)
Losing it said…
Nice work on the workouts! I am doing a couch to 5 and running is tough for me, never been a distance runner just a sprinter! But it's good to do and try new things!

Popular Posts