Habits: some bad, and some good...

Hey all! It's me, your favorite girl!! LOL Okay, that might be wishful thinking, but you can't blame me for tryin'! Ha ha!
Well, I am not doing too good on the blogging lately. I get really busy with every-day life that I forget about my blog. I decided that it was time to blog about something, anything, that I can think of, so that's where the title for this blog posting came from. "Habits" is what I want to talk about today. There are some bad habits that we develop over time that are pretty tough to quit doing. One bad habit that I am trying hard to stop doing is over-eating at social events. I do so good at home. I measure out my food with my nifty little measuring cups then I write it down in my cute little food diary. I try to do some kind of workout every day, or every other day since I'm not perfect. I write it down in my food journal and feel like I've accomplished something positive for the day, along with getting my house clean and the daily duties that come with being a mom. But then come the days when I go to a social gathering of some sort, usually there is food there. Something in my mind tells me that I can eat what ever I want and that I don't have to worry about portion sizes at all. I just eat and that's it, until it's too late when I feel like I'm going to explode from over-eating. I don't understand why I do that. That is one major bad habit that I'm trying to get over. I've just got to stop doing it, period. After all, I won't get to my goal weight if I keep doing that kind of behavior. I have to give myself some credit though. I haven't gained any weight at all. I've maintained my current weight really well since January of 2009. So that's a major accomplishment if you ask me. I'm glad and grateful that I was able to keep the weight off. And another thing, even though I seem to eat a lot at times, I believe that I'm able to eat a lot more since I am much more active.
I thought that I would make a list of Bad Habits that I have, then along side it I will type a Good Habit to replace it with. (I'm sure this will be a long list since I've got a lot of habits to change! LOL)
  1. Bad Habit-Overeating at social events; Good Habit-eat before event so that I'm not ravenous when I get there.
  2. Bad Habit-over worrying about what the scale says; Good Habit-focus on how my clothes fit and how I feel every day to measure success.
  3. Bad Habit-Biting my nails when nervous or bored; Good Habit-keep my hands busy with crocheting or cross stitching to keep hands busy.
  4. Bad Habit-spending too much time on the computer; Good Habit-for every hour that I spend on the computer I will make a pact with myself to do an hour of exercise!
  5. Bad Habit-putting myself down at times; Good Habit-to say something good about myself every day. I will be a better example to my kids doing that. Besides, would I want my kids to put themselves down every day? No, absolutely not! Teach others by being a good example!
  6. Bad Habit-measuring my success by how far I still have to go and not feeling good enough; Good Habit-Instead of comparing myself to others, I will compete with myself and just do the best I can every day! This health journey is supposed to be fun and exciting, not hard and torturous! LOL
  7. Bad Habit-thinking that I have to look like some fake photo-shopped model that I see on every magazine; Good Habit- understand that I'm a real woman with real curves and that I am trying to be the best ME that I can be! :)
Okay you guys, I urge you all to make up a list of Bad Habits/Good Habits that you have. It will make you think twice about  how you measure your own success! The road to a healthy lifestyle should be fun, so lets stop focusing on the negative things, and celebrate the good things we have accomplished! :)

Comments

Popular Posts