Negativity, where does it really get us??

I don't understand why some people are so negative? Does being negative get us anywhere? Maybe I should rephrase that question. Does it get us anywhere good? No, I don't think so. If I were to be negative when starting the Weight Watchers program, I really doubt I would have had much success. I wouldn't have been able to achieve the things I've been able to achieve so far. I think it's really important to be positive on our own journeys to getting healthier, and it's also important to be positive towards someone else's journey to get healthier. Why is it that some people in our world just can't be happy for others and their achievements? Is it jealousy? Do they think they can't achieve the same results or strive for and achieve the same thing? I'm talking about my Weight Watcher's photo shoot. Someone on the Weight Watcher's message boards was so negative about my weight, and the fact that I said that I'm not at my goal weight yet, and that I've been at a stand-still for a year now. I feel like I have to defend myself to that person. Then I realized something. That person is not happy in their own life, and is trying to pass on that negativity to others. I just simply won't be sucked into that. I was like that at one time in my life, and it got me no where but feeling worse about myself. So, I think what I will do with this situation is just to simply let it go. I just have to be happy with the progress that I've made in my own journey so far, and that's that. If there are others in this world that are happy for me, then that will just be the cherry on the cake! (No pun intended, okay, maybe a small one.... LOL)
Okay, so I guess my message to everyone is to please be positive. You will get farther in accomplishing your goal then you ever would if you were negative, plus you are far more likely to help others in their life being happy and happy for them. That's all I'm sayin'. Then again, I know the people that read my blog are very supportive, so what am I sayin' this to you all for? LOL
Thanks guys for being happy for me, and being supportive of my goals that I've strived to accomplish! You're all great!!
Have a great day everyone!! Later!

Comments

Brad said…
Congratulations on your success, Andrea! You have done fantastic & look fabulous! To respond to your blog entry here, specifically, I think a lot of the negativity comes from jealousy. They don't want anyone else to have success. Why? Because deep down they don't believe they could do it themselves. If someone else is successful, it just makes them look worse. Ah, the way of the world. People are interesting, to say the least. By the way, I know you don't know me....so I hope you don't mind me popping in. I just like to peruse the blogs of people who are digging deep, losing weight, and getting healthy. Best of luck!

Popular Posts