Excuses, is there really a good one?!

Excuses are like butts! Everyone has one! Okay, there are some great butts out there, but how do you think they got that way? By sitting around? Probably not, although that would be the greatest invention ever if you could buy some contraption that gave you buns of steel simply just by sitting! I would love that! Who wouldn't right?! That would be awesome! But alas, there isn't such an invention and if we want buns of steel we have to work hard to get it. I'd like to ask a question in all seriousness though. Are there really any good excuses? There are a lot of excuses that people have for why they don't workout. Those same excuses are very similar to the ones that I used to tell myself at one time. Things like "I don't have time to exercise because I have too many kids!" or "I have to go to work and I'm tired at the end of the day so I don't have time to workout." or "I don't have the equipment to workout so I can't do it." I used to tell myself many excuses why I couldn't do it. Funny thing though. At a certain point in my journey, I realized something. I could find many hours to get on the computer and play around on the internet, but I couldn't find a single minute to workout?! I realized that things didn't make any sense, so I decided to change things a bit. :) Now a days I find the time to workout. I am a busy mom of 4 kids. I don't have a lot of kids, but they sure keep my husband and I busy. Thing is though that priorities have changed. I still love my kids and husband as much as ever, and they are a high priority in my life, but I also decided to make myself a priority. That's something that I used to struggle with doing for so many years. I felt guilty about taking that time to workout. I realized something important in the process. In making myself more of a priority, I'm loving my family more. I'm being a  better wife, mother, and person for taking better care of myself. All us parents, whether a father, a mother, or whatever label you are, we are no good to our loved ones if we don't take care of ourselves so that we can be here for them in the future!
So, what's your excuse to why you can't workout? I'm just curious. If you think you have to have the latest fitness gadget to be able to workout, think again. Take a look around your house, see what you can use as a weight. Something I used to use when I first started to exercise was canned food. That's right. It sounds ghetto, doesn't it? I had to improvise people!

Here's a list of things you can use as weights to strength train with! Hey, who said lifting weights had to be expensive?!
  1. 2 Gallon's of milk (1 for each hand)
  2. 2 Gallon's of Water (Drink the water when you're done working out! Hydrate people!)
  3. 2 empty Gallon jugs; Fill with sand and use as weights
  4. 2 24-pack box of canned soda (Diet hopefully. Who needs the extra sugar!)
  5. 1 30-pound child! (Do some squats while holding child out in front of your body. The heavier the better! One thing though, it's probably better to use your own child!)
  6. Go to the playground with your kids and use the bars to workout with. Use the monkey bars to do pull ups, or dips. What ever you're able to do. Just do something!)

So the idea here? Just do something, anything! There are many excuses that people have, but rarely are there any good excuses! :)

Comments

Popular Posts