What or who inspires you to want to be better?

I posted this on Facebook a moment ago, and felt like I wanted to share it on my blog as well.


For me, there just isn't a simple answer to that. Before I started my journey to the healthier me, I didn't believe in myself much at all. I had lost that somewhere along my path in life. My brother passed away, and I ate to try to soothe my feelings to try to make myself feel better. From the simple act of joining Weight Watchers, that was the very first step to believing in myself. Since starting my journey to the healthier me over 2 1/2 years ago, I've found more love for myself. I've found the pride that I once had when I was in the military. I've found the confident me that I had lost so long ago. My family is what makes me want to be better. I'm truly a better mom, wife, and person for taking that first step to get healthier. I'm so grateful that I believed in myself enough to start on the path to where I am today, and I know that there are people out there that will find their inner strength and know that they are worth the effort it takes to get healthier. To all my Facebook friends, thankyou for being such a wonderful support to me on my weightloss and continuing to be a friend, even if it's only on the internet! Thanks guys!!

Comments

Popular Posts