Goals & New Years Resolutions!

So, I was wondering about something. Who out there is still on course and sticking to the goals you set for yourself in the end of 2010? January is almost over, and February is nearly upon us. It's exciting that time is moving along, and that more goals can be set! But you gotta keep with it, get that first goal out of the way, and move on to more and exciting goals to achieve in 2011! What were some of your goals? Was it a physical goal, a financial goal, a spiritual goal, or anything that you can think of to just become better? I will mention some goals of mine that I have created, and achieved so far in my life.

Goal #1: To lose weight. So far to date I have lost 43 pounds, and have kept those pounds off!! That is really exciting to me that I have been successful so far in keeping the weight off. Let me tell you I don't miss the weight at all (who would? lol) and I'm really loving this active life style that I have created for myself! It's been tremendously helpful to not only me, but to my family as well. I am such a better mom because I'm more active in my kids' lives and I am able to do more, I'm more positive in every thing, and have a better out look on life! That alone is exciting and I'm so proud of myself for how far I've come!

Goal #2: To get out of debt once and for all! So far my husband and I have paid off $5,000.00 in credit cards, and have cut them up in to teeny tiny pieces of confetti! No More Credit Cards in this house!! We still have a ways to go with paying off our vehicles, but we're getting there, slowly but sure, but with a plan of attack to squish this debt! In fact I look forward to every single month when a paycheck comes in so we can create a budget! It's a great thing to KNOW where the money is going instead of wondering where it went! A budget isn't a bad thing at all, in fact it's amazing and it's like give yourself a raise! No more wasteful spending means more money to save save save!!!

Goal #3: To be true to myself and how I feel about things. I used to try to make every one around me happy and then I'd resent myself for it. I have come to a point in my life that I know it's okay to state my own opinion about things, and that if someone disagrees with me, then fine, we can just agree to disagree. No power struggle, no I'm right you're wrong, just agree to disagree and that's it. Life it too short to settle and to be a door mat to every one else' opinions. I'm claiming that I have a right to my own opinion, to my own views and that's it. It's invigorating, empowering and exciting!

Goal #4: A goal I started back in 2005, was to believe in myself more. This was one of the best things that I have done for myself! I used to be so depressed, so I settled for things in life, one of then being that I just settled to be obese and unheatlhy. I settled for not having my own opinion. I also settled for treating myself like CRAP when I didn't deserve it at all. I realized at a certain point that I'm worth the effort it takes to get healthier, and that I was deserving of love, not only from other people, but from myself. That has been a wonderful thing that has happened to me, and best of all, I didn't get that from anyone else as "permission" to love myself, I gave that to myself, and that has just been such a great thing!

I'm excited that I have a much better out look for life these days, and that I've come so far in my journey that I want to share what I have learned with others. That has been such a blessing to know that I now "get it" as far as the weight loss thing goes, and that I might be able to help others. At times it seems like a difficult thing because let's face it, people have a hard time with fitness because it takes effort, it's painful to exercise, it's painful to not always give in to your cravings, but I'm determined to help anyone that I can help. I'm trying to get together a Fit Club here where I live. Some people are interested in it, some aren't as enthusiastic about the idea of a Fit Club, but I'll just keep trying, and with some creativity and happiness and motivation mixed in people are bound to be inspired to want to do something good for themselves.
So, if you're keeping at it every day to get your goal accomplished, GOOD FOR YOU!!! If you created a goal for yourself but have sort of stopped trying, and even if you're one of the people that didn't even bother with coming up with a goal at all because you thought it was pointless, here's a tip for you, there is still time! It's only January, and January is nearly over. Life is too short to settle for not doing anything with your life. After all, time will pass by whether you do something or not. If you ask me I would rather give something my all and fail, but at least I will be proud of myself for trying. Life is too short to exist and do nothing with the time that we have. Why not give it a shot and see what happens?! Just something to think about! Have a beautiful day every one!!

Comments

Popular Posts