Fake it till ya make it!

I have made in my own life so far. Something magical happened to me as I stood in front of those people. I forgot my fear, I forgot that feeling of inadequacy and I just felt at home there, telling my story to them. Paying it forward LITERALLY to all these people. Teaching them the things I have learned along my own journey, and hopefully helping to inspire anyone that will listen to what little ole' me has to say about the subject of health and fitness, and hoping to touch other peoples' hearts to inspire them to wanna be better, fitter, healthier. Something amazing happens when you testify about that thing you are MOST passionate about in your life, your fear just MELTS away as if it didn't even exist in the first place! I really gotta tell ya, I have a real fear of talking in front of people! A few days ago I was asked to teach a class about Health and Fitness! Something I absolutely LOVE!!! When asked that question I unhesitantly said "YES! I WOULD LOVE TO!" I got all my stuff together that I wanted to display on the table for my class, and drove to the meeting place where the class among other classes would take place. As SOON as I saw all the cars there I became immediately terrified! Lol I'm SCARED people! seriously! Lol but shoved that in the back of my mind, got outta my car, brought all my stuff in the building, and set up my table. I had my Before picture, both of my face, and body, and also some other awesome things I was given that mean a lot to me, I proudly displayed on my table. I watched as all these people came streaming in the room, and I could feel that familiar feeling of wishing there was some kind of HUMAN-SIZED shell I could climb under Lol but alas there was none, so I stood there like the adult I am as all these people filed into the room and sat neatly in their chairs. I, standing in the front of the room in front of them, hands neatly held in front of me like I'm some professional all the while I'm terrified inside, Lol. I started my class, took them from the beginning of my journey, all the way until now, what I love to do, and the difference from when I started out at my heaviest weight till now who I am and how far I've come! I could see the look in each of their eyes as I talked about my personal journey, as I talked about all the bumps along my own path but that I've over come them, and that they could tell how much I want to help each and every one of them. They were really listening to me! I feel SO grateful to be able to teach that class today, that I got a chance to pay it forward to others what I know, what I've learned, and what I will still continue to learn as I grow. I'm grateful that I forced myself to sort of "fake it till I made it", that I SHOVED myself out of my own personal comfort zone to be able to help others!! WOW what a great and awesome opportunity!!!

Comments

Popular Posts