Onward, and Upward, with a few slip ups in between ;)

That's right. The dance of life is hopefully to make progress, and always try to do better and better and better! We all make mistakes, after all we're human. But those mistakes help us to grow and become better people in the long run! Have you ever heard of that saying "Take one step forward and then two steps back"? well that saying suggests failure. Which is stupid if you ask me! Instead lets switch a few words to something like this "Take two steps forward and one step back!" meaning that as we advance in life and learn, we're inevitably going to slip and make mistakes, but we will learn from them and in the long run become better then we were when we started! I like that idea better then the first. Cuz after all, whats the point of going through all the things in this life if we don't take a minute to reflect on things so we can become better people, right? Something else I wonder about. I used to be one of those chronically cranky people who never smiled, and scowled alot. LIFE is a big pain in the butt and all I saw was the side that never shined! Lol Now a days I go through the majority of my day with a smile on my face, and as I drive through town I occasionally wave at people. It BAFFLES me when people stare back at me like I'm an alien that has just landed! Lol Seriously! There are people that are confused and don't understand why I love to talk to other people, to see how they are in their lives, people that I might not necessarily know even, but I enjoy talking to nonetheless. I love life, and I would rather make a difference in people's lives then be a burden in their lives! Passing on a simple smile to someone that's having a difficult day will do wonders!! Not only for the person you're smiling at, but for yourself as well!
Life isn't going to stop throwing obstacles in our way, but those obstacles are there to help us grow as people, and as difficult as they are, and as horrible as some can be, I'm grateful for them! I've truly grown as a person because of things I've gone through in my life!

Comments

Popular Posts