Pop Eye the sailor man!

What does he eat to get strong? SPINACH! So if HE eats his veggies then shouldn't we ALL eat our veggies? SURE we should! But then explain why in the world we have all this garbage food at our access with NO nutritional value? Cuz it's EASY! and cuz no one wants to go through the effort it takes to make a decent healthy meal these days! Instead people will go pay someone else to make their food that has who knows how many calories, fat, and added sugar and salt to it just for convenience! That is such garbage! Okay okay I will admit here and now that yes I do take my family out on the town to dinner, or we go and have a frozen yogurt down at the frozen yogurt place here in town, or where ever the mood strikes us to go, BUT we do it maybe once every couple months I guess. Moderation is the key is what I've discovered! Now I'm not sure why that word goes out the window when there's a potluck and there are tons of people friends and food everywhere? It's like we give ourselves permission to let our self control go out the window and instead just eat n eat until it's time to unbutton the pants, only to make MORE room for even MORE food! Lol I can say these things cuz I've lived it. I've been there done that do to speak! And guess what people. Doing that will only make you miserable in the long run. That full feeling will eventually leave you feeling hungry, and then you'll be hungry yet again. And lets not forget the effect food has on the booty! Do you all remember this good ole' saying? "A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!" Well it's a very true saying let me tell ya! Remembering these words has helped me SOOOOO much when I started trying to eat healthy, and they STILL help me keep trying to make healthy decisions! Question for all of ya though. Do you constantly find that you're making an excuse as to WHY you "can't" start eating healthy? What EXACTLY is your excuse? WHATEVER your excuse is, think about THIS cute but VERY effective little saying that I added to my blog years ago!
"Excuses are like Butts, everyone has one, but rarely do you hear or see a good one! Lets change that shall we and make them better...... the butts that is, NOT the excuses!!!!"

AIN'T that AWESOME!! Seriously!! I used to DESPISE my own booty! But thank GOODNESS to my healthier lifestyle I now I can say I LOVE my bum! Lol It's just a nice thing to be able to love myself these days instead of despise myself due to my own stupid self defeating decisions that lead me to being obese! I leave you with small yet AMAZING quote!

"I do it cuz I can, I can cuz I want to, I want to cuz you said I couldn't!"

Let someone tell you that you "can't" do something, and let THAT be the thing that keeps your fire stoked to keep wanting to do better and better and better!!!

Comments

Popular Posts