Thinking Out Loud

So, every time I'm going about my daily BORING life, Lol (trust me my kids make sure I am NEVER bored cuz I have plenty to clean!) I think to myself about stuff. WHY do we all settle? I'm not sure WHY people do, but maybe it's human nature to settle? to quit something once it gets too difficult? I don't know, but I DO know that if I would have given up I would have NEVER been able to get to where I am today, both mentally and physically! Even spiritually! I think all three of those areas of life are very much a part of each other. A few months ago I bought a workout machine called The Rack. I used to keep it in my closet, and get it only to do a couple exercises on it when I wasn't able to commit to a full workout during the day. NOW I have it sitting out in my bed room, and every time I go in there I do something on it, anything, so that I can try to get stronger every day! I'm not sure if I told you all but when I bought it I could BARELY do a dip using my full body weight. I could barely go down and then I'd have to let go because i wasn't strong enough, yet! I work on my dips every day along with other exercises and now I can go all the way down and back up again using my own body weight as resistance! I've never tried to see how many I can do in a row but the point is that I CAN do a dip now, and with patience, persistence, and perseverance I'm getting stronger and stronger every day. That's exciting! I never want to just settle! Because the second I do that I've basically said I'm not worth a damn! and I think I'm worth a little more them just rock bottom nothing! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts